MICHELLE'S REVIEW: The Torn Wing by Kiki Hamilton

The Torn Wing - Kiki Hamilton

(To check out the review of The Faerie Ring, the first book of this series, click here.)

Kiki and her friends may be now off the streets, but that doesn't mean that the danger is over. Larkin has escaped, the worlds are teetering on the brink of an upcoming war, and still, there is something about Kiki that just might change the game...

Just like I did with the first book, I breezed through this in one sitting and I enjoyed every minute of it. The first half of The Torn Wing keeps up similar overtones as The Faerie Ring, so it wouldn't really shock the reader - especially when you just finished the first book (which was what happened to me). Hamilton slowly eases the reader into darker territory, hinting at the possibilities some scenarios may entail, but still manages to keep things light.

The characters are still as lovely as ever, and I wasn't really surprised that Clara managed to charm a certain someone. Rieker opens up his home for Kiki and her friends, and his heart is certainly not saying to Kiki either. The romance is light-hearted with just the right amount of sweetness to it.

The Torn Wing is a good sequel to The Faerie Ring, as it doesn't hurl towards a different direction that readers have already anticipated and it does clarify some points that the first book didn't elaborate.

Source: http://thetwinsread.blogspot.com/2013/10/michelles-review-torn-wing-by-kiki.html